Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast is such a simple idea but oh so good!
I took a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cut it on the diagonal to get more surface area, dipped it in an egg mixture and fried it to make a ooey, gooey treat. All kids love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. That’s what makes this one a family favorite. And the peanut butter and egg supplies them with mega amounts of protein. You could serve this with syrup, but it really doesn’t need it because it is so rich. What a great way to start your Saturday. In summary, my Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast sandwiches are very tasty. A perfect accompaniment to Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast would be my German Chocolate Muffins.
For more cooking tips, see Cook’s Country America’s Test Kitchen.
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast:
If you like this recipe, please like and share it!
- 6 slices of bread
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons jelly (any flavor)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Whisk egg, milk and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread 1 tablespoon each of peanut butter onto 3 pieces of bread.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon jelly.
- Top each off with another piece of bread.
- Cut with a sharp knife on the diagonal.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each diagonal sandwich into the egg mixture and add to the fry pan.
- Fry 1-2 minutes per side, checking periodically for doneness.
- Remove to serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.
- Optional: Serve with syrup
Have you made this recipe? If so, please let me know by comment how you liked it, and give it a star rating. Thanks so much!