Sharing is caring!
I was looking for a way to use some pretzels I had and came up with an idea to incorporate them into cookies—Pretzel Cookies sort of a sweet and salty indulgence.
Pretzel Cookies makes a very tender cookie because of the cream cheese that is used. And because of the cream cheese, they will stay tender until they are gone. There is a lot going on in these cookies, including the chocolate chips, but that is why I like them so much. They will be gobbled up in no time at all. These are so great with a tall glass of milk. In summary, Pretzel Cookies are the perfect snack. Enjoy them as a dessert to Two-tone Lasagna!
For more cooking tips, see Cook’s Country America’s Test Kitchen.
If you like this recipe, please like and share it!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 oz. lite cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-12 oz. package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 small bag twisted pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, soda and salt and set aside.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and the sugars in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Add chocolate chips, nuts and oatmeal and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto cookie sheet (12 per sheet).
- Press center with a pretzel.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until just starting to lightly brown.
- Cool a few minutes on cookie sheet before removing to cooling rack.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please let me know in the comments how you liked it, and give it a star rating. Thanks so much!