Ultimate Spaghetti Squash
I love squash fixed just about any way, but this Ultimate Spaghetti Squash is a keeper.
I am also a huge cheese fan. So what could be more perfect than a recipe that incorporates both. Since I am always looking for more ways to incorporate vegetables into my diet, this recipe is perfect because it uses squash and broccoli. The presentation of this dish really makes it, using the squash shell as the serving bowl. In other words, less clean up which makes it easy peasy. In conclusion, you are going to flip over my Ultimate Spaghetti Squash. This would make a great accompaniment to Two-tone Lasagna.
For more cooking tips, see Cook’s Country America’s Test Kitchen.
Ultimate Spaghetti Squash:
If you like this recipe, please like and share it!
- 1/2 spaghetti squash, seeds and strings removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic in oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan/romano cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place half the squash upside down in a flat plate with a rim.
- Add the water.
- Microwave uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Meanwhile, stirfry the broccoli in the olive oil until tender crisp.
- Add the garlic and pepper flakes and saute 1-2 more minutes.
- Using a fork, shred flesh from the squash and put in a medium bowl.
- Add the broccoli, sour cream, half of the cheeses, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and pile into the shell.
- Top with remaining cheeses, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Note: If you want to fix the whole squash, just double the recipe which should serve up to 6.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please let me know in the comments how you liked it, and give it a star rating. Thanks so much!